Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Package

Holy cow...I just realized I never wrote about this episode! I have much respect for the love of Jin and Sun...I think I finally figured out why...I have a lot in common with them...My wife speaks 2 languages...of course she didn't learn one so that she could move to America and leave me behind..... My wife and I have a daughter...born roughly around the same time as Sun and Jin's daughter.... of course, I was actually in the room when she was born, not assumed dead when the freighter I was on blew to Kingdom Come... Sun and Jin's wedding had a guy named Jacob there... so did ours.. my buddy Jacob Tolley.... of course my buddy Jake just drank a lot of booze and ate 2 dinners...he didn't reach out and mark us for Candidate duty... Jin and Sun like to fish and garden, respectively...my wife likes to garden and, of course, I like fish sticks..
The other point is, when it comes to "true love" like we saw last week with Richard and Isabella, or with Desmond and Penny, sometimes I just don't get the same feeling with Jin and Sun...
But apparently the writers like them and they keep ramming the journey of 2 souls reconnecting down our throats... I'll take it but only for 6 more episodes...then I'm calling it quits!
We learned that Sun's pops wanted to off Jin for stealing his daughters heart... good to see that not much has changed with Papa Paik in the Sideways world... and who would do this dastardly deed? Well we finally got the answer as to why Jin was locked in the freezer of the restaurant Sayid happened upon.. Martin Keamy...
I love the homage to Pulp Fiction that is the Sideways World... random connections, told in differing time segments.. now if only Christopher Walken would show up to tell a story about this watch he carried with him for 4 years...
Like the Sawyer ep a couple of weeks back, this one served as another "bridge" episode to get the Sideways world moving along a certain path... more connections, more intrigue but really just a ruse for whatever seems to be happening in that world.... its all smoke and mirrors folks!! OMG I just figured it out... Smokey has figured out a way to trap our LOSTIES in this weird little Sideways world...All of the reflections that we've seen are the biggest clue for this: Smoke and Mirrors... wow, I think I just blew my own mind...
I'm going to leave it at that because honestly, I have the knowledge of the Desmond episode in my possession so it's time to tell that story.. but with the way the blog updates, you may have already read that entry... so without further ado: scroll up!

1 comment:

Sean D said...

Christopher Walken carried the watch 4 year in his... ouch